Welcome to the Housing Authority of the County of San Bernardino
Tenant-Based Rental Assistance Programs (Section 8)
Wait List Open Enrollment Site
Applications are now being accepted for the Housing Services Tenant-Based Rental Assistance Program waiting list (formerly known as Section 8). The open enrollment period will end at 4:00pm (Pacific Time) on March 9, 2015.
Applications will not be accepted after 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time on March 9, 2015.
- Submitting an application is FREE! If you happen to enter a website that is requiring a fee or payment of any kind, you are not at the right place and should exit out of the site.
- Applicants do not need to rush to apply, how soon you apply DOES NOT affect rank or placement on the list.
- Waiting list placement will be based on a computerized random selection (lottery process) and not on a first come first served basis.
- Once the random selection (lottery) process is complete, HACSB will only accept the number of applicants on the waiting list that can be reasonably served, based on funding and utilization rates within a three to five year period.
- Acceptance of an application after the lottery process does not constitute acceptance into any Housing Services Tenant-Based programs.
- As families are pulled from the new Housing Services Tenant-Based waitlist, a determination will be made if the family qualifies for the Streamlined Lease Assistance – fixed rent subsidy or the Five Year Lease Assistance program.
- Entering a pre-application does not represent an offer for housing assistance or placement on any waiting list.
Paper applications will not be distributed or accepted.
- Paper applications will not be distributed or accepted.
- Applications can be completed from any electronic device with Internet access including laptops, iPads and smartphones.
- Assistance will be made available for persons with special needs and for persons in need of translation services by calling (909) 890-9596 between 8:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday during the open enrollment period. This number is only available to persons with special needs who cannot access a public computer location or are in need of an interpreter. If you have resources to access the internet (family, friends, etc.) please do not use this number as resources are limited.
- Hearing impaired applicants can call 711 to relay their pre-application.
- Only one application per adult will be accepted.
- An email address will be required in order to apply. Free email accounts are available on Yahoo; Gmail; or Hotmail
- Application entry user guides are available in eight (8) languages.
- Spanish Haga Clic Aquí Para obtener ayuda sobre la aplicación de este programa
- Arabic انقر هنا للحصول على تعليمات تطبيق لهذا البرنامج
- Cambodian សូមចុចនៅទីនេះ សម្រាប់ជំនួយការដាក់ពាក្យសុំកម្មវិធីនេះ
- Chinese 點擊這裡 為了幫助申請此計劃
- Japanese ここをクリック ヘルプについては、このプログラムに応募
- Korean 여기를 클릭하세요 도움말은이 프로그램에 적용
- Tagalog dito lagutok applying sa pamamagitan ng palatuntunan
- Vietnamese Click vào đây Để được trợ giúp áp dụng cho chương trình này
For all other non-waiting list information, Click here